Harvest Market preview: We're going on a deep dive to France this fall!



A couple of months ago, we visited France for the first time. Of course we spent some time in Paris, but we also visited the Alsace region and the city of Lyon -- also known as the gastronomic capital of France. But the highlight of the trip was a week-long riverboat cruise with a French company called CroisiEurope where we ate amazing French food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day. Hanging out with French people meant that we also indulged in wine for lunch and dinner. And since this was a French boat, all the champagne and cognac we could drink was also included. This was indeed foodie heaven!

One of my favorite pastimes is to recreate dishes I've enjoyed when traveling and eating out, and this trip was no exception. I've already started experimenting and testing recipes, and by this fall, I will be ready to share the results of my research. So join us as we go on a deep dive into French cuisine at Harvest Market's demo kitchen. and survey all that France has to offer one region at a time. Here's the itinerary: 

  • September 11: Classic Burgundy Wine Country Cuisine 
  • October 2: Mediterranean Flavors of Provençal Cooking
  • October 23: The Philosophy of Lyon's Nouvelle Cuisine

We're calling this series "A Taste of France" and each class will also be a traditional multi-course French dinner including a luscious dessert course. The tuition is only $45 per class which includes a welcome cocktail. Featured French wines selected by Harvest Market's wine steward will also be available for purchase by the glass.

Want more details about my trip to France? Checkout my France Travel Blog complete with pictures and travel notes.

More information about my cooking classes and pop-up events can always be found on my website, where you'll also find over 150 recipes from my classes (no ads!). You can also subscribe to my email newsletter or follow me on Instagram or Facebook and like my posts. Bon appétit!

 

Comments