Registration for Urbana Park District summer cooking classes opens on April 3, 2024

It's only March, but summer is coming! The eighth season of the "Flavor Principles of Ethnic Cooking" classes at Phillips Recreation Center starts on June 13, 2024, but we know from past experience that this series sells out fast! So mark your calendars for April 3 because that is the first day that registration opens for all Urbana Park District summer events. 

All my cooking classes are for adults and the tuition includes a multi-course dinner complete with wine, beer, and/or cocktails. Do come hungry and thirsty because these classes are "dinner party-style" events where we'll be tasting and eating everything that will be made that night. Whenever possible, students will also get to participate by helping me make a dish or two. I'll also share all the tips and tricks I know on how to get from A to B to Z quickly and efficiently.

This summer, we'll be going to Jamaica, Greece, and Japan. In each of these classes, we'll be deconstructing the recipes of each cuisine and breaking down the flavor principles of these culinary traditions. By following a few master recipes and utilizing simple flavor profiles, you will be able to customize and adjust your own favorite recipes and make tasty ethnic dishes every night for dinner. Full menus and details are here: www.cooking-with-paul.com/upd-2024-summer.html

More information about my cooking classes and pop-up events can always be found on my website, where you'll also find over 150 recipes from my classes (no ads!). You can also subscribe to my email newsletter or follow me on Instagram or Facebook and like my posts. Bon appétit!

 

Comments